Left Behind VIII (The Bear) | Marko Klomp
Left Behind VIII (The Bear)| Marko Klomp | Landscape and Wildlife Paintings
- Artists: Marko Klomp
- Painting Title: Left Behind VIII
- Year: 2020
- Material: Oil in Linen
- Landscape and Wildlife Painting
- Size: 80 cm x 100 cm
Left Behind VIII | Marko Klomp | Landscape and Wildlife Paintings
Left Behind VIII is a large oil painting of a lone bear in a forest covered in snow. The painting is predominantly white and grey. This is a blink or misses the bear moment forever captured in an oil painting. Marko takes a journey through all the different earth´s biomes in his series. It is a strange painting, as bears usually hibernate during the winter. Only a bear in distress would leave its warm hibernations to venture into the cold snow. Marko's series Left Behind is based on post-apocalyptical earth. Where much of the human race and nature has been destroyed. This is a world where we did not stop globalization. The bear being out of his den is therefore fitting for this series.
Left Behind is part of a new series Marko Klomp started in 2019. In each of these painting, Marko Klomp paints in his signature 'soft focus' style a vast landscape with a singular animal figure. The work in this series is extensive, and the sense of isolation is painfully poetic in each piece. Left Behind VIII has less a sense of isolation in the landscape, but the full emotion of this painting is focused on the bear.
Buying a painting online
- All paintings at Gallery Sorelle Sciarone come with a certificate of authenticity.
- We have a big window in our return policy . You can try all paintings at home for thirty days.
- We offer a wide array of safe international payment options.
- All shipments are insured.
- Free shipping and returns.